• Home
  • Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana

Check Eligibility

Ministry Of Rural Development

Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana

Road
Rural
Details
Benefits
Eligibility
Application Process
Documents Required
Frequently Asked Questions
With the objective of providing rural connectivity, the Government of India launched the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (referred to as PMGSY-I hereinafter) on 25th December 2000 to provide all-weather access to eligible unconnected habitations with a population of up to 500(Census 2001) in plain area and 250 and above in Special category States(States of North East, Jammu, and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand), Desert Area as identified by Desert Development Program and 88 selected Backward Districts as identified by the Ministry of Home Affairs/Planning Commission as a strategy for poverty alleviation.

As of 8th December 2021, a total of 6,80,040 km of road length has been constructed under various interventions of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY). The primary objective of PMGSY concerns building robust, all-weather roads in rural habitations and other core areas. Panchayati Rajs and elected local representatives decide which habitations to be selected. This scheme was centrally funded only up to 2015-16. Since then, the funds have been divided between the Centre and the State. For North Eastern and Himalayan States (Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand, and Himachal Pradesh) 90% of a project is the Union Government funds, and 10% of this cost, is the State Government funds. For the Other States, the Union Government funds around 60% of a project while the remaining 40% is by State Government funds.

Some prominent features of PMGSY are -
Proper decentralized planning for the building of roads.
Build roads according to the Indian Road Congress and Rural Roads Manual.
3-tier quality management system.
An unbroken flow of funds.




Was this helpful?

Share

News and Updates

No new news and updates available

myScheme

©2023 myScheme.

Powered byDigital India
Digital India Corporation(DIC)Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY)Government of India®

Useful Links

  • di
  • digilocker
  • umang
  • indiaGov
  • myGov
  • dataGov
  • igod

Get in touch

4th Floor, NeGD, Electronics Niketan, 6 CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003, India

support-myscheme[at]digitalindia[dot]gov[dot]in

(011) 24303714